Saturday, November 3, 2012

Flying

There are things I have realized that Austin will never be able to do and I figured flying would be one of those, but I was so wrong.  Austin's boy scout troop does an activity once a month and in November they decided to going flying.  We didn't think Austin would go but figured we would go out anyways and he could do part of the badge.  They showed the boys around a small plane and how it works then the boys and parents took turns going up.  We kept talking to Austin about it and he said he wanted to go so we gave it a try.  He got in the airplane the head phones on and Jim got in then Austin got scared and had to get out.  We went back to the hanger and ate lunch and Austin was able to calm down and he said he was ready to try again.  They got all loaded and the plane taxied out, I was sure they would come back and so scared that he would freak out but somehow he made it up.  I was so amazed and happy that he accomplished this despite being scared and he actually enjoyed it.










No comments:

Post a Comment