Friday, July 8, 2011

Renovations

We decided it was time to finally pull up the 80's carpet and on mothers day Jim got busy and had it pulled up that day. Here are pictures from the beginning, wow what a mess.
Here is a picture of the gorgeous looking carpet. LOL




It seems that the lower part of the living room's floor wasn't finished correctly so Jim had to fix the concrete, which added to how long this was suppose to take.





The stuff you see around Kaleigh would be the dust that was flying around my house YUCK! What a great helper though.



This is how I watched TV for a couple of weeks.




It took awhile but this past weekend the wood floor was installed, it looks so great. It is a lot more work sweeping and mopping but it looks and smells so much better.



We also had to get new furniture because the old stuff was broken, I so loved that furniture but it had to go. So here are the pictures of the almost finished product. YEAH! I have realized I hate construction and renovation, it was driving me crazy having everything not where there suppose to be.

Jim has to finish up the trim this weekend then I will put the rest of the stuff back in the room, just in time for Austin's bday party at the end of the month.
I really think I need new curtains that are lighter but I've spent enough already so I'll save them for later.




No comments:

Post a Comment