Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December

Every year my family exchanges names and we have a Christmas Eve party. We were able to do the same this year but with the snow yes I said snow in Texas on Christmas Eve what are the chances I know, Bobby wasn't able to make it. Bobby lives on the other side of Ft. Worth and the weather was to bad for him to get here. Everyone else in the family was able to make it and we had a nice time.

Bobby also wasn't here on Christmas morning, this was the first time since we became a family in 1992 that we haven't all woken up together and open presents. When the older children moved out three years ago I still wanted them to stay the night; Jim thought I was crazy because they are getting older and will eventually have children and won't want to spend the night but I truly enjoy having all my children there. This is so cheesy but to me Christmas morning is a magical time especially since Austin still believes in Santa Claus and I enjoy having all my family here. It was still a nice Christmas though; we didn't get the pictures we usually do but I will post a few.

Austin had a great Christmas, Santa brought him a bike I think it was the best present ever. We got Austin a bike with training wheels when he was young but when the bike tipped just a little bit he got afraid and just did not like it at all. We had gotten him a big kid big wheel and he loved that but he was out growing it so we went to the store to look. We let him try out two different ones and he rode them around and really liked the one he got and had no problems riding it around the store. Jim decided to get one too so they have been riding around the neighborhood.

We were able to get Kaleigh in the afternoon of Christmas and get her until January 3rd. She knew how to open the gifts this year it just took awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment