Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crazy time

It has been crazy the last couple of days so I haven't posted. On Saturday I cleaned most of the day then we went out to eat at Babe's that was cool. There are no menus just order your meat then they bring you family bowls of potatoes, corn, green beans and rolls it was really good and fun atmosphere. Later that night we went to the New Cowboys stadium; there was high school playoffs and it was much cheaper than a tour so we figured why not. It was amazing so big and bright. The screen was massive and the whole stadium was an advertisement. Everything that could possibly be labeled from some advertiser was. Austin enjoyed the game and half time. When other people around us yelled Austin did to, it was fun watching him enjoy himself.

Sunday we got the Christmas decorations out and up. I just love decorating for the holidays especially Christmas. As I unpack everything it brings back memories. My favorite is the kids things they have made ahhh. Even as Austin was unpacking he would remember were it came from and would be excited. It is also sad because it reminds me how much the children have grown up. It is so hard to be there for your kids twenty four seven and are a part of everything they do then they move out and you barely see them or get to talk about everyday stuff. Don't get me wrong I see and talk to my children but it just isn't the same.

Monday Austin had to go to school so I was up at the same time as a regular work week. I went to see New Moon with Kaydi and Melody; it was such a great movie and a great time with friends. Then I did a little Christmas shopping.

The next day I was up early again and dropped off Austin for school then shopping all day. I never usually start this early for Christmas but I am determined to do everything ahead of time so I am not completely stressed out for the holidays worrying about if I got everything and dealing with all the crazed shoppers.

I am thankful for my family. Sisters Jeanna, Christy, Diane and brother Bobby, and my mom and dad. I will be celebrating thanksgiving with them and I am excited about getting together and all the food and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment